The following is a list, not all-inclusive, of progressive groups in Philadelphia. They are a few of the Resistance groups based on my personal knowledge or experience that stand with the community. The links below serve as a tool to empower you to join the movement to stop Trump.
To learn and join in our daily events it is strongly recommended you find a group. All have either a Facebook, Twitter or a webpage. Now is the time to get a Facebook account and a Twitter account, if you want to stay informed.
Useful Resistance/Progressive sites include:
- Indivisible offers a free, practical guide for resisting the Trump agenda. Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen. Read and study their Indivisible Guide. Link up with an Indivisible local group today.
- Reclaim Philadelphia is a group founded by former Bernie staffers and volunteers and is committed to continuing the Political Revolution in the City of Brotherly Love.
- Philadelphia Neighborhood Networks is a progressive Democrat organization, active since 2004. You can follow them on Twitter @Philly_NN.
- Indivisible: Philly NW is a local organization formed to resist Trump’s authoritarian agenda. Join them at their next meeting, February 5. See their Facebook page for details.
- Philly We Rise helped to chase Trump out of our city last week, so they boasted on Facebook. Signup for their text alerts.
- Shout Out Philly likes to raise the volume on progressive activism in Philadelphia. Read their Take Action Now or Events pages online.
- Seeds for Action is a Philadelphia based coalition focused on taking the barriers out of social justice and activism and translating the emotions of the last election into accessible direct action.
- 215 People’s Alliance is a multi-racial collaborative dedicated to fighting for equity and justice in Philadelphia – at the ballot box and in the street.
Direct action is currently concentrated on calling the offices of our Senators and holding rallies outside their district offices. It is making a difference! Join #ResistTrumpTuesdays events, especially at Senator Pat Toomey’s office, 1628 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia. You should also call his office to leave a timely message. He can be reached at 215-241-1090 (Philadelphia) or 202-224-4254 (DC). Senator Bob Casey’s Philadelphia office is located at 2000 Market Street. His telephone numbers are: 215-405-9660 (Philadelphia) or 202-224-6324(DC).
You may find the voice mailboxes are sometimes full when you call. You can try calling another of their district offices. Consult their contact pages for options: Toomey, Casey.
Urge you Senators to slow down the Cabinet selection process until we know where the nominees stand on the issues, particularly the illegal Executive Orders on immigration. No Senate confirmation vote should be taken until they answer our questions. Make Congress listen.
2 thoughts on “Philadelphia Resistance and Progressive Groups”
Please help me organize a nation-wide mass protest against Trump and his activities-ties with Russia, health care, his taxes, dissemination of the State Department, Oligarchy. The time is right now, Help me. email@example.com
Organize or locate? A big difference. The next big nationwide protest to my knowledge is the April 22 March for Science, the largest of which will be held in Washington, DC. There are hundreds of other local events to take place then, Earth Day, including one in Philadelphia. There are activities taking place every week. Pick a day, find a group. Links to a number of both national and local groups can be found on my blog entries dated March 2 and January 30. Resist. Oh, call your Representative this week.
Comments are closed.