A number of articles have appeared in the past few weeks and months, written by various advocacy groups on the ‘Heat and Eat’ issue. Together, they provide a compelling story about new, threatened safety net cuts for New Jersey families. Selected articles are:
- Overburdened NJ Food Pantries Challenged To Feed More Hungry Clients by Hank Kalet, July 7, 2014
- NJFA Supports Heat and Eat from the New Jersey Foundation for Aging, June 27, 2014
- Heat & Eat Legislation Passed with Bi-Partisan Support, from the Anti-Poverty Network of New Jersey, June 26, 2014
- Four Reasons New Jersey Should Maintain its ‘Heat and Eat’ Program Times of Trenton Op-Ed by Raymond Castro, May 26, 2014
- Heat and Eat: State Responses to the Changed Federal Law, Food Research and Action Center, March 21, 2014
- How to Avoid Food Stamp Cuts to 160,000 New Jersey Households NJ Spotlight Op-Ed by Raymond Castro, March 12, 2014
The bill now awaits action by Governor Christie.